Discover Athens from above as you walk from one hill to the other and enjoy an easy hike, exploring the city.
Athens by Night Tour
- Go on a twilight walking tour of Athens in a small group.
- Visit popular sites and famous squares and hear urban myths and legends about one of the oldest cities in the world.
- Discover three different local bars and sample award-winning Greek wines and local spirits such as ouzo, raki, and tsipouro.
- Enjoy a plate of traditional meze, Greece’s local tapas.
- Experience Athenian nightlife as the locals love to do.
- Price per person
- Shared Tour
- Private Group
Syntagma Square (at the exit of Syntagma metro station), in the middle of the square, at the fountain.
We will be standing next to the the fountain which is located at the middle of the Square.
Our guide will be holding an Athens Local Adventures sign.
Syntagma Square, Athens 105 63. See the Map
Guests’ pickup is offered for the private group option. Pick up time adjustable upon your request. We will meet you at your Athens hotel lobby or Piraeus Port. Our guide will be holding a sign with your name. Call us to arrange.
Go on a twilight walking tour of Athens
Athens in the evening can change even the most doubtful romantic. Come along and encounter a totally extraordinary side of the city as you stroll with us through its neighborhoods after sunset.
Walk around the historical centre, tune into urban stories and backstreets, taste traditional “Mezedes” (local tapas), and enjoy the best local spirits at different venues in a side of Athens only the locals know!
Local impact — How you help the local community by joining this tour:
- Local culinary traditions are preserved by visiting 100% locally owned stores that serve traditional Greek dishes.
- The food sampled during the tour is sourced from the Greek countryside.
Even if daylight comes to an end, it doesn’t mean that sightseeing stops around Athens! On this Athens by night tour, let us show you a different side of the city under the moonlight, neighbourhoods that aren’t frequent by tourists, and places where you will get the opportunity to socialize with locals.
Ancient Athens is everywhere during the day, but when the sun goes down, the true magic of the city reveals to you. Follow the footsteps of famous personalities as you walk along ancient paths and back streets, learn about local tales and myths, listen to spooky stories and gossips with celebrity visitors included, and check out Athens’ thriving nightlife scene.
Greeks, love life and everything that wakes up the “Zorba” inside them, and trust us, as you won’t want the night to finish!
While you wind your way through the city’s back streets, you’ll uncover some of the city’s coolest spots and find out why nobody goes to bed before 12 in Europe’s oldest capital.
Among others, visit three themed bars in hidden courtyards, admire the marvelous Acropolis highlighted from a secret rooftop, wander through alleyways packed with alternative venues, and mingle with locals in Athenians-favourite hangouts.
In a local tavern, you’ll have the opportunity to enjoy some local drinking traditions, such as sampling ouzo and raki, perfectly paired with delicious local finger foods.
At the end of the night, you will have completely understood the “Greek Spirit” and have experienced your best night ever!
From our last stop, we can give you advice on the best way to get back to your hotel. If you want to keep the night going with your new friends, follow us for more nightlife experiences around the city that never sleeps!
Don’t forget to ask us for more hints and tips on how to get the best out of your trip in amazing Athens.
Glass of local spirit at each stop (3 bar stops), finger food (meze dishes). Food is more than enough to skip dinner.
Additional food and drinks, souvenirs or personal shopping, tips/gratuities.
- Food Allergies: Unless you suffer from multiple, combined food allergies, or unless you are a vegan, we will figure it out. Vegetarians are welcome on all tours.
- Please wear comfortable shoes for walking.
- In general, there are few dress restrictions in Europe and dress codes are similar to those you are used to at home. Please note though that in many churches modest dress is required; no shorts or skimpy tops are permitted.
- If you are happy with the services provided by your local a tip – though not compulsory – is appropriate. While it may not be customary to you, it is of great significance to the people who will take care of you during your travels, inspires excellent service, and is an entrenched feature of the tourism industry. Please consider this when budgeting for your extra expenses on this tour.
- All our team members are fully vaccinated.